Thursday, May 22, 2008

Introduction

Hello everyone my name is Shannon. I am 24 years old and I have lived all my life so far in Southern California. I graduated one year ago in 2007 from California State University Fullerton with my Bachelor of Fine art. Since then I have worked at a few odd jobs; Front desk clerk at a double tree hotel (which included a lot of standing), at a police equipment place (which involved a lot of data entry), and at the LA County Fair (do I need to explain this one?). All of these jobs did not interest me.

During the same time as I was working those jobs I was also working on my art career. For the past 6 years including this year I have drawn the portraits for the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion. I have a website that shows some of the portraits that I have done and some of my other works of art http://www.shannonolson.net/ .

The reason for starting this blog is I am now leaving the country to start a new job and adventure! I am going to move to New Zealand for one year to be a nanny! During that year I will also have time to travel, work on art, and meet new people.Please join me in my adventure as I plan to write what I encounter (Culture Shock) hopefully daily but more likely weekly.

1 comments:

Teresa Long said...

Hey Shannon, great blog. We here in the hood have been so anxious to hear how you are doing.

I kept your mom busy today while Dad watched the Indy 500.

Love you girl, Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...