Sunday, June 29, 2008

Driving with no GPS!

Today was the most clear crisp day I have seen! I had originally planned to stay home and do some art work, but because it was so nice outside I thought that there was no way I would be able to stay inside. I decided that I would go for a walk in the opposite direction from where I normally walk. So I ended up walking to Cox Bay, and instead of stopping like I did the last time I crossed the street and it turns out that there is a giant Reserve (Park) called Cox Reserve. This park had a lot of trails and places to walk, so I walked around for about 30minutes, but then got bored so I headed back home.

Me in the Park it was windy and cold!

Cox Reserve

Cox Reserve

By the time I made it home it was only noon, so I thought I have to find something else to do! I decided that I would drive over the bridge to Takapuna and Deonport, without using the GPS (of course I brought it with me just in case I got lost). Guess what? I never had to use the GPS! YAY! I drove to Devonport first, this town has a lot of really cute shops and I even found a gallery to look around in, then I drove to Takapuna where there is beach access and more cute shops. Driving home was no problem, I only had to make about 3 u-turns because I kept missing the street I needed to turn on but after that it was smooth sailing!

Devonport


Devonport

Takapuna

Takapuna

1 comments:

beeswax said...

Wow - there sure are loads of parks in New Zealand. The pictures of Devonport remind me of Sausalito Bay in San Francisco.
You are such an explorer. Good finds and the thrift store. Can't wait to see the pictures of your new clothes.
Love you, MOM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...