Thursday, October 30, 2008

Road Trip with my MOM!

On Monday it was my Birthday and I turned 25! Yay now I can rent a car! hahahhaha For my Birthday me and my mom and Grant all went to lunch in Devonport and walked around a mountain with a great view!

Later in the day I went with grant and he made Mojitos and we went in the spa!
Grant got all this fun dress up stuff at the 2 dollars store and decided to wear it all for my birthday and be the bartender hahahhah!

yummy mojitos!
Tuesday Morning my mom and I left to the Bay of Plenty which is about 2 hours southwest of Auckland. We stayed with some friends that my mom met in Bonneville, John and Flick! They were so nice to have us over to stay! Both nights Flick made excellent dinners for us and the second day we were there she even showed us around Mt. Maunganui.
We walked around the Karangahake Gorge, which reminded me a lot of Maui, not the weather only the greenery.
There were a few hanging bridges which were pretty scary!
Below is John and Flick in John's work shop.


Above is a picture of my mom and their goat Billie, I guess the goat bites if you get to close that is why my mom looks a little scared.

On the way home we stopped by the botanical gardens and had lunch and walked around the flowers. Below is some creative photography done by Kathy!


These explain themselves! We love flowers!
Tomorrow, Friday is Halloween. This is one of my favorite days cause I love dressing up! I am going to be a devil the costume is pretty simple but hopefully the night will be fun and hopefully I am not the only one to dress up (which has happened to me more then once)!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...