Thursday, December 4, 2008

Getting Carded

I just got back from the Grocery store where I bought milk, 2 bottles of wine, and stuff to make desert. All because I am going to Alina's for dinner and that is what I am bringing. The funny thing is that I get up to the clerk to buy everything and I have Sybilla with me and I know maybe I don't look like I am 21? but I know I do! hahaha anyways the funny thing is the lady says can I see your id and here you only have to be 18 to buy alcohol now I know that I look like I am 18. I had a hard time not laughing plus why would I have a child with me in the middle of the day if I was under 18 hahhahahah so funny.
Also last night on my walk to meet up with Anna for a drink which turned into like 6 drinks I watched a bum literally pick up a used cigarette off the ground and try to smoke it. I thought I was going to die laughing!
Miss everyone at home and hope you are all having a good holiday so far!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many years ago, when I was about 35 years old, I went to a restaurant to meet drag racing legend Shirley Muldowney for lunch. Shirley is about 5 years younger than me. We decided to have a glass of wine with lunch. The waitress carded me, but not Shirley. She was so pissed off that she got up and left. We ended up having lunch elsewhere!

DAD

beeswax said...

I thought that he was going to say Shirley Muldowney picked up a cigarette from the sidewalk and smoked it!!! Ha Ha.
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

haha thats crazy you got carded for being 18!! that could be a compliment though! sounds like your having fun..we miss you!
-kristen

Karen Raffa said...

Get this! I just got carded yesterday for 2 bottles of WINE! and I am 51!
Shannon you sound and look wonderful, I shared your Blog with an artist friend of mine and she was in heaven..with your work!
-Love,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...