Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have arrived and the Fiesta has begun!

Wednesday the 19th I arrived in NZ at 530am! Grant picked me up from the airport and we went to our house and I went back to sleep. I have realized that I need to relax and let myself adjust to this new environment. If I start thinking about jobs and organizing everything and money I start to feel like I am going to have a panic attack.

After I unpacked a few things we went to the grocery store and bought some food for the week and it came out to 230 dollars! For one week of food, it is really so super expensive here to eat.
That night Grant asked me to make some salsa because we were having a fiesta in my honor. The salsa turned out great! It was really cute Grant had the room all clean when I got here and the bar down stairs was decorated for the party.





Yummy Salsa
Our Room! Look at all that Junk!



My goal for today is to start on a painting that I have been planning on doing, go for a walk, and look for jobs on the Internet!

3 comments:

beeswax said...

Hi Shannon,

Just take it easy for a few days. Get adjusted to the weather and your surroundings. There will be a place for everything eventually, if not you can have a huge garage sale, and sell all of Grant's clothes. Ha Ha.
Love, MOM

Mel said...

Welcome back!!

I have sold a few of Craigs clothes on Trade Me, Hahaha, guys clothes seem to sell fast!!

Mel

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo. I'm so glad you made it to the other side of the world safely. I had a great fishing trip with Steve and the gang on the Outrider. My nickname on the boat is "Uncle Carl", and the crew treated me like a king.

Please give Grant my best regards, and keep up the good work with your blog.

Love ya'...

DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...