Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Further Frustration

Today has been a little frustrating. I woke up and had my normal morning, applied for more jobs on the internet then hooked up my computer and printed out my resume. I made 2 tuna sandwiches for me and Grant and walked up to the bus stop and caught the bus into town. I walked up to Ponsonby where I had seen an ad in the window for part time work at a clothing store, so I put in my resume and I guess we will see what happens.

I then walked up and down the street looking in every window for help wanted signs and only saw one for a clothing stylist (not sure if I qualify or really know what that is). Grant came and picked me up and we drove to look at 3 places to move to. Two of the places were way to small and the third place looked bad from the outside so we didn't wait around to see it.

After the apartment viewings Grant dropped me off at the bus stop and I came home to look on the Internet and see another place that I had applied to said no! Good Lord!

You can start to see why I am getting frustrated! Its a catch 22! We can't move out till I get a job and I can't seem to find a job, plus the places we can afford are way to small for us to be able to live in. I called my mom in my irritated mood and she said just keep saving your money which is absolutely impossible when you are not making money!

Above is a picture of the city from last night


Here we are looking for the places to view today



Today felt like a waste of energy, time, and money! It cost $4 to get the bus to the city and $3 to get home! awwwwwawwwwwwwww

2 comments:

beeswax said...

Shannon,
It's only been 3 weeks and the country, the world, is in a recession. Don't panic or get down, it will all work out. You'll find some odd jobs in the meantime. Keep on putting in your applications and something will happen for you. In the meantime, you have lots of art to do.
I meant save Grant's money.
Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo,

It's easy to become discouraged when things don't fall right into place, but if you keep making applications and looking for the right place for you and Grant to live, it will all work out eventually. At least that's been my experience. For whatever reason, I believe in fate, and you just haven't come into contact with the right work and living situations yet. As long as you keep trying, the right "fit" will come along just when you least expect it.

Love ya'...

DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...