Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Big Update

Hello everyone!
Today is Monday here and it just happens to be one of my days off. I got up this morning and decided that I would put in a load of laundry before I went to my swim class(which I have not gone to in ages because my parents visited then I got sick) and then when I got home it would be ready to hang outside. Well after my tiring one hour swim class I come home to hang the laundry and am surprised to see that there is a small amount of flooding! I guess the sink the water drains into had a sock in it that blocked the plug! Unbelievable! I had to move everything and mop the whole area up and then hang everything that got soaked and then hang the laundry so something that should have taken 10 minutes took close to 45! I guess that is life nothing ever goes as planned.

Another change that I have decided to make is I am no longer going to work for Hue (the hair color place). The job turned out to be less hours then I need and I was reminded that I don't like working on Saturday especially in the summer and when I am not getting paid enough to make it worth my time. The third thing that was the final reason that I decided that it will never work is just the fact that all the girls that work there are very gossipy and back stabbers, constantly blaming each other for everything that goes wrong and constantly complaining in general. All of them acted like it was a huge inconvenience to be at work and when a client would be booked for them they would complain that they would not be able to leave early and all I could think was THIS IS YOUR JOB ahhahahahahhaha.

So my plan is to find another nanny position that will fill up a few more of the week days and then work on my art in my free time. Since taking the hue job, extra babysitting(which I need and like doing), being sick, and my parents visit, I had no time for art, but now I am better and going to really make time!

Grant and I are going to try to eat at home all this week and he is going to take his lunch in an attempt to save some money, so we will see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hair salons are the best place to find bitchy females (not all of them are tho!!)
Good on you with your eating at home and making lunches - I always cook a little extra for tea and then we have it in sandwiches and add a little leftover salad too. You save so much money, which is great with Christmas coming up!!
Have fun with your art

Take care
Mel

Anonymous said...

So sorry to learn that you got sick after we left. I'm still fighting the sniffles, the cough, the tiredness and the aches & pains. That said, it didn't stop me from driving 200 miles each way today to Tulare to see the final USAC National non-wing sprint car race of the season. It's midnight and I just got home, and life is good!

Too bad about Hue, but when it's obvious something isn't going to be good for you, it's time to move on to Plan B.

Love ya'...

DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...