Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beach Hop

Friday night we went to see the movie Boy. It was a great movie not as funny as I was thinking it might be but really good!

Saturday we drove to Whangamata to the Beach Hop. There were tons of classic cars and people having a great time! We walked for probably 2 hours just back and forth looking at the cars and going into some of the shops.

Above is a dance contest


Lots of girls were dressed in rock a billy

Dick Tracey?

For lunch we got some subway and ate at the beach. I lasted about 10 minutes, there were too many flies and bugs and it was really sunny and hot. I forgot to put sun screen on and my shoulders got a little red!


This was an Elvis singer hahahhah he was not that good but very funny to watch.
We drove home around 4pm cause we decided that it was not worth staying the night.
Sunday we visited Grant's dad and rented some DVDs and I packed our clothes for our trip to Australia. I know the trip is still 3 days away but I work the next 2 days and when we leave it will be at 430AM! I know I have over packed but I just don't know what I am going to want to wear.

2 comments:

beeswax said...

It looks like you had great weather for the Beach Hop. Lucky.
Only 3 more days!! Exciting.
Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,

It was a shame we didn't catch up with you guys at the Beach Hop! never mind, maybe after your big trip to OZ :o) I always think that you might as well use all the room in your suitcase! if you need to buy another bag to bring all your shopping home...so be it!! My list for our holiday is crazy!! mind you we are away for 8weeks [and I can bring my 'shopping' home in the RV, imagine how much fun I'm going to have ;o)]


Take care
Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...