Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fish Pie Supreme

I made Fish Pie Supreme out of the Edmonds Cook Book! Lets all keep in mind that I have not only never made fish pie before but I have never even tasted fish pie before.

I would have to say that the hard part of making fish pie is that the kitchen is up stairs and the dishes, food, and prep area is down stairs. All the food was mixed and cut up down stairs then hauled upstairs to be cooked. During one of my runs up the stairs I did trip and fall, but no worries I didn't hurt myself, but I did get a good laugh out of the fall.
On a scale of one to ten, 1 being easy to make and 10 being hard I would rate it a 5 because it was very easy, but there were many steps.
On a scale of one to ten, 1 being the worst food you ever ate (and you stopped cause it wasn't worth it) and 10 being the best dinner dish you have ever had, Grant and I decided that the fish pie was a 7. We decided that it was a 7 because it was yummy but quite plain and on further discussion we decided that maybe it should be a plain tasting dish.
On a scale of 1 to ten, 1 being I didn't cook it right and 10 being I cooked it perfectly I give myself a 10 =)
This is a good thing to make if you are on a budget cause all the ingredients are pretty cheap.
So Pretty!
I won't be able to cook any recipes for the next couple of days because I work sorta late but on my next day off I plan to make some afghan cookies (Grants favorite).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shannon!!

Fish pie is comfort food, (it reminds you of your childhood).
It's one of those things you can cook and you don't need alot of fresh food. Great Sunday night food!

Unfortunately you always seem to use alot of dishes.

Can't wait to see your next culinary masterpiece...

Enjoy your Edmonds book :o)

Take care
Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...