Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dinner In the Morning

Now that I have a crock pot I can make dinner in the morning hahahha. This morning so far I dropped off our application for the new place to rent, did laundry, and went grocery shopping. Then I made dinner, well not really, I just threw some food in the crock pot. I found a recipe and decided to change it a little and hope and pray it comes out alright.

I took 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half. Then I chopped up some mushrooms and mixed them with a can of mushroom soup and 1 1/2 cups milk and a cup of rice. Then I poured the mixture over the chicken. We will see if it turns out or not. I know I can make this same recipe on the stove so hope it works in the crock pot.

The rest of today will be spent painting =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that food cooked in the crock pot needs less fluids - always good to have a box of arrowroot powder on hand, just in case things get a little sloppy!!! Just mix a little in a glass with cold water and stir it in. Works wonders :o)

Got our fingers crossed for the new place for you!! I'll give you a great reference :o)

Take care
Mel

beeswax said...

Your dinner will be delicious! Plus, it's nice to have the smell of food cooking in your Gar-ondo (garage/condo like Kristen). I hope you get the new place, and your own kitchen.

We just ate our Crock-Pot dinner, ummmmm sooooo good. I put chicken breasts in the pot, poured a large can of green chile enchilada sauce and cooked all day.
When it was done I shredded the chicken while still in the pot. Then dredged corn tortillas through the sauce in the pot on both sides, layed them on the plate, filled with the chicken and more sauce, topped with grated cheddar (and sour cream for me)folded up and ate, like an enchilada. We were in Mexican food heaven. Carl loved it. We each ate 3. Pigs.
Love MOM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...