Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Party on Wednesday

Last night after work we met up with some friends for Elin's (Grant's friend Matt's girl friend) birthday. The place we went is a steak house called Tony's. The food was really good, my only complaint was that it seemed a little over priced for the amount that most people got. Grant made a good point though saying that if they gave everyone more food then either it would go to waste or you would eat it and feel stuffed and sick. He is probably right I guess I just always leave wondering if a weeks worth of groceries would have been better then one meal. I guess that is just life hahhaha plus we didn't want to miss the party.

Everyone had a good time. I came straight from work rushed home and changed and we were off to town. That explains my puffy crazy looking hair!



After dinner everyone is saying good bye even though they all live together hahhaha.


There were a lot of other people at the party I just felt it would be rude to take pictures of them.
Just to let everyone know that the recipe that I made in the last post turned out OK. It really was lacking in flavour and because there was so much liquid in the crock pot I added some extra rice which turned out to be a bad idea because it made way too much rice and it made the rice turn to mush! Anyhow we both ate it and Grant never complained not one time, what a good guy. Also when I made the comment that it isn't very good he just said well you just got the crock pot so give it some time and practice. Isn't that a nice thing to say!
Soon I will be trying stuffed bell peppers, we will see how that turns out?
Good news on the house hunt. The place we applied for accepted us and soon we will be moving. Not looking forward to the move but looking forward to the new place yay!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I know what you mean on going out - that's why we haven't in ages! Luckily though we found a awesome pub that has a Wednesday night steak special - huge cut and chips for $15! Not too bad! Congrats again on the house! Looking forward to seeing pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Grant I said he's a very smart guy. Never, ever complain about a meal if you'd like to have another one!

Love ya'...

DAD

Anonymous said...

I'm sure my glowing 'you' reference helped the lady make up her mind :o)
Looks like Grant still hasn't had a haircut yet (maybe he is scared to try someone new now??)
I've been a little more adventurous in the kitchen lately, I made a green beef curry, OMG!!! I think Craig was relieved when I tipped mine down the sink and got out a good ol' pack of sausages!! Smart man too!! never complained

Take care
Mel

Lacey said...

You look just like your mama when she was in her 20's in the first picture!! Congrats on getting to move! woo hoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...