Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wood

This week so far has been very busy. Wednesday after work I was asked to stay later to baby sit while the parents went out for dinner. Little did I know that they were going to stay out till 2am! I was feeling under the weather already and then having to work an 18 hour day was really quite hard. The next morning I didn't even get to sleep in because at 730 am we had 2 cubic meters of wood delivered. Guess who got to move the wood piece by piece from the drive way to the garage? ME! It took me an hour and a half to move all the wood. I counted that as my days work out.

Around noon I met my friend Jasmine in town for lunch at a Chinese food place. She is one of the first people that I was introduced to when I first moved here two years ago. When we met she was at the end of her stay here in NZ and was moving to Australia. She lived there for two years and is just stopping by NZ before heading back home to Germany. It was great to catch up with her, I really wish she was living here because we get on so well.

When I got home last night I decided to use some of the new wood to make a fire, and turned out the wood was quite damp! I sat on the ground for an hour trying to start the fire and finally gave up. Grant finally got it going by dumping gas all over the wood hahahha. Good to know it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

Today I am cleaning the house, starting my drawing, working out, and meeting Jasmine for dinner, at least that is the plan.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...