Saturday, August 7, 2010

Before and Afters

I have been doing some projects around the house to make it a little prettier. The first thing I wanted to do was something with this random box on our wall. I started off by putting some candles in there. They just looked funny so I decided to add a vase with candles, not thinking that a candle in a vase is just going to make a mess. Also the vase ended up being too short. I finally settled on doing a painting of a native NZ bird. The Tui Bird! It turned out really good and the little candles still can be used to light it up at night.


BEFORE:


AFTER:

Grant needed a hair cut really bad so here is his

BEFORE:


AFTER:

He looks like a little kid!

My final project that I did yesterday was I made a curtain! Our kitchen was so plain and colorless that I decided we needed a little something something. It took me over an hour to pick out the material because it is really hard to decide on colors. All I kept thinking was keep it simple, no crazy colors or patterns. The before picture was taken a while back so ignore Grant in it.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Stay tuned to see more before and afters. I am making two more of the same curtains for the bathroom windows.

3 comments:

Anna said...

The new place looks great, Shannon! Horray for using your time efficently! :) I'll learn how to do that one day...

beeswax said...

The Tui Bird looks so real, don't forget to feed it.
Grant looks great, a week of growth and it will be perfect.
Love the valance curtain in the kitchen, adds color and matches the tile backsplash. A little masculine, so next should be a delicate shelf to the left of the white cabinet with some vases, t cups and flowers.

That's all from the peanut gallery. Keep up the progress, because I will be arriving there in 3 months and 10 days.
Love you, MOM

Lacey said...

Everything looks great! You did the bird painting so quick and it looks amazing! I was cracking up at how long Grant's hair was. Your curtain turned out really good too, looks more detailed than anything I can sew =P Cant wait to see more. I will be there in 3 months and 10 days too, hope you guys can unfold me from Kathy's suitcase.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...