Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Monday

Monday we decided to drive to Raglan because there was going to be good surf conditions. We left the house at 520am and arrived around 8am. When we were first driving it was raining so hard that you could not even see out the window and we almost came to a stop on the freeway but that only lasted about 2 minutes. The rest of the day was sunny and some what warm.

The waves were good but not great is what Grant said, he was still able to catch quite a few and I was there to get pictures of it!




Here we are on a look out watching the waves to see where the best spot is.


Grant is all geared up to surf and carrying his new booties! Now his feet won't freeze!

Below he is catching his first wave of the day.

Riding the wave



Very impressive there is no way in hell I could do that. I must say taking pictures with my shitty point and shoot camera is never going to capture anything very well. I need a new camera!

It was a beautiful day while he surfed I took pictures and walked around a little.



Waves at the end of the day.
This day had to be the worst food day ever (health wise). We got up so early we ate Mc Donalds on the road I had an egg mc muffin and a berry yogurt thing, for lunch we went to a hamburger place and we both got a hamburger and a shake, and dinner we stopped on the way home and got pizza hahhahaha so today I must only eat healthy to reverse the damage done yesterday!

Here I am after my nap in the car.
We were prepared to stay the night at a camp ground which would have been a lot of fun, but in the end Grant said the waves would not be that great the next day and it would be better to get back to work so we came home. It would have been fun to stay but I am just as happy to be home and able to work on my art!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

Brandon is going crazy looking at these surfing pics! That's it were coming to NZ! What airline do you guys take when flying so I can research prices?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...