Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting and Paying

I feel like I am always asking myself where did the day go? Especially on my days off! Today I got all of my immigration stuff together so literally all I have to do is pick up my physical papers and sign a few things in front of a Justice of the Peace. Its good to know that next week I can turn it all in.

Around 1pm I decided I needed to get my car its warrant of fitness ( for all Americans this is a simple check that everyone has to get done on their cars every 6 months). It should take about 10 minutes. Turned out after the 10 minutes that I had a crack in my exhaust? I think? Anyhow it had to be fixed so I went straight to the place that can fix it and sat and waited about an hour and a half. The saddest part of all this is I didn't bring anything to do and I hadn't eaten lunch! I kept thinking of all times to forget my book and not eat. Anyhow $100 later the problem was fixed and it was back to get the car re-checked.

I didn't get home till 4pm and that is when I finally made "lunch" (more like lunch/dinner =Linner). Long story short it is now 5pm and I did not get any art done!

The rest of the night is drawing!

3 comments:

beeswax said...

What a rip off, how do you confirm you have a cracked exhaust?? I think his brother owns the repair shop.
Oh well, cheaper than a car payment.
Draw your ass off, when I get back I'll see all of your fine artwork. I hope you get the final pictures to draw from. The event is on October 14th.
We're off to Bonneville.
Love you. MOM

Anonymous said...

If you really did have a cracked exhaust (and that's entirely possible), it could have been lethal. While there's a lot of fraud involved in these warranty of fitness programs, they're also very effective in detecting potentially dangerous problems. $100 is a small price to pay to fix a problem that could have cost you your life if carbon monoxide gasses had filled your car. We'll be off to Bonneville in a couple hours, and sure will miss having you along.

Love ya'...

DAD

beeswax said...

Are Dad's just so smart!!!
Love you, MOM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...