Saturday, October 2, 2010

Flower Power!

Today was a beautiful day. I decided that we could not waste the day sitting inside or doing nothing. So we headed to the Takapuna Markets. I got an old map of the whole North Island that I plan to find a frame for and put in the guest room.

I think everyone in Auckland was so excited to see the sun that they all crawled out of their caves and walked the streets enjoying the sun.


After the markets we went to a garden store that was packed with people ready to take on their gardens and plant! Which is exactly what we did. I got some petunias, marigolds and other random flowers and while shopping for some pots to put them in I found a few garden ornaments hahahha.

I still need one more pot for the flowers on the left.

Ribbit


We also got 2 more mint plants and a rosemary plant.

Grant made this new flower bed from scratch to plant our cilantro and mint in. He is very crafty and clever doing all the planting himself.


Now we are just relaxing.

2 comments:

beeswax said...

Yay you have sunshine and summer is almost there. Your garden will grow and you'll have pretty flowers. I can't wait to see your place in person.
Love MOM

Lacey said...

lookin good =) i like the little frog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...