Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meeting a Friend

Today I spent the morning sorting through my art work and getting them all ready for the art show that I am going to be in this weekend. I finished a watercolor, named all the art, took pictures of all the art and I still have to price all the art. Tonight we still have to make the support system that will hold them all.

Around 3pm I left to meet Anna for an early dinner for me and I am pretty sure a very late lunch for them. Anna and Luke are headed up north to hang out with his family for the weekend. It was great to catch up even if it was only for a short time.

Me and Anna (I made her take one pic with me!)


My cousin Lacey sent me these labels to put on my jars! I love them, thank you. They are so pretty I feel like leaving them out for everyone to see. I have a few more labels but no more jars hahaha.
Below are all the art works that are going to be at the art show in Kumeu this weekend.
I don't know what to price everything. Any suggestions?

Underwater Garden -Acrylic


Tiki's -Watercolor



Tawharanui -acrylic


Shells- Acrylic


Buzzy Bee -Watercolor

Daffodils- watercolor


Doubtless Bay -Acrylic


Flax -Acrylic

Looking Up -Watercolor

Mercer Bay -Acrylic
Time to start pricing and making tags!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

All your art looks amazing! Can't wait to hear how the art show goes. Your jars look so cute, I didn't have enough jars or counter space for all mine either.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about pricing art, but if I were you I'd start out high. All of your paintings are beautiful. I especially like the Underwater Garden, Buzzy Bee, Daffodils, and Flax. Good luck with the show, and I hope you bring home lots of NZ dollars.

Love ya'...

DAD

beeswax said...

I agree, start high and bring blank price tags to mark down as needed. Have Grant cruise around to the other sellers and see how they are marked. Don't undersell yourself, you have many hours in each piece.

Remember, artists have to suffer first before making it big. I'm not sure you have suffered yet. In fact, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been much suffering in your life, and I like that.

You'll do great!
Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

You're so clever and it definately runs in the family!!

I think they're all fantastic but I LOVE the buzzy bee and the daffodils.

BEST of luck with the show!!!

Take care
Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...