Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving in NZ

Time is flying by already. Tuesday it rained and misted all day long. We finally left the house around noon and headed out to Devonport again. This time we went to lunch and walked into most of the shops. Because it was raining and wasn't very nice out we decided to work on a dress that I had the material to start. Here are some pictures of us being silly.



Wednesday we headed out to Takapuna and went to lunch at Sumo Salad. I really recommend the salad place. We both loved our salads they were really yummy.

For some reason the weather is never good when my mom is here. She thinks I live in a country where it is always cold hahhaha. At least it is not raining!

Wednesday night we pulled out the BBQ and made steak dinner. They were very good and the bbq worked great (thanks again Mel and Craig)

China Man pic


My mom working on her new little computer.
For desert we had Pavlova with kiwi fruit and strawberries on it with whip cream. So yummy.

Grants desert was the biggest. yay you win for the biggest until...

It topples over and falls on the carpet! Oh boy!
Then the fun is over and I have to clean oy!

China man pic #2

Today is Thursday and my mom and I did not leave the house till lunch time again. In the morning we made pumpkin pie and I started on a few projects around the house.
For lunch we went to Mission Bay and had lunch at a Mexican place called Dos Amigos Cantina.
The food was good but not very mexicany and the margaritas were a thumbs down, unless you bring your own booze to top them up with (if only we had thought of that before we went).


Tonight is Thanksgiving and we are having roast chicken, turkey cost about 50 to 75 dollars here so we decided to have chicken and some roast veggies. The pumpkin pie we made this morning turned out really good looking but we will have to wait till after dinner to see how it tastes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving!!!

I'm real pleased the BBQ is being used now =0)

Pumpkin pie sounds so good!! Just one more thing in life that I HAVE to try!!!

Take care & have fun!!!
Mel

Lacey said...

those pics of you and your mom laughing cracked me up!! the laughter is contagious =) Happy thanksgiving

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...