Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed!

The eagle has landed, translation my dad has arrived!  Last night I was stressed trying to clean the house and make everything perfect so it would make a good impression.  All stress ended when I picked him up this morning at the airport, he made it!  After some unpacking we headed out for some shopping and lunch.
We went to lunch at the Stone Oven Bakery in Devonport.  I got the mushroom omelet and my dad got the fettuccine.  Both meals were awesome tasting and they were really big, neither of us could finish them!
I got a few goodies from my mom too.  An address book, some hair clips, and some allergy medicine.  I can't wait to start filling out the address book, Thanks Mom.
In our shopping we also got me a key board so I can start to practice my typing skills and number keys.
I intend to get really fast so I can put it on my resume for jobs!
Now it is nap time, but the plan for tonight is to have BBQ hamburgers for dinner, yummy.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Welcome back to NZ Carl!!
Looking forward to a good ol' catch up on Saturday!!

Have fun everyone...

beeswax said...

It sounds like you two have had a good day so far. Use pencil in the address book. I've learned that, with everyone moving every year and changing their phone numbers. You'll have to post more pictures so I can see dad's visit.
Wish I was with you all.
Love MOM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...