Friday, March 11, 2011

Old Made New

Sweater Alterations

Lately I have been seeing lots of blog posts about how easy it is to take in large clothes, and I thought I might as well give it a try!  The dark pink sweater is the one I made the alterations to and the light pink sweater is the one I used as a pattern.
This is a very easy way to take in a sweater.  All I did was lay the big sweater down flat (make sure it is inside out) and lay the smaller sweater on top of the larger one making sure to match up the neck and shoulders of the sweaters.

Once the sweaters are lined up I pined the large sweater following the outline of the small sweater.
Then simply sew on the outside of the pins.
Once the sweater was sewn I turned it the right way and tried it on making sure it fit properly.
Thankfully the sweater fit great, so I turned the sweater back inside out and cut off the extra material.

This is the only picture I could find of the sweater before I made it small.  I bought this sweater from H&M a few years ago and thought it would shrink in the wash, but it never did hahahaha.
Here is how it looks after the alterations.  Of course this is not how I would normally wear the sweater, over a dress lol, I was only trying it on =)
I love how it turned out, it is now tight enough that I can wear it as a shirt in the winter.
Yippee!

4 comments:

Karrie said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

You're sure a crafty little devil. Very resourceful. That's my girl.

Love ya'...

DAD

Lizzie B. said...

Don't you love refashions?? This sweater turned out so cute! I want to see more!!

kris said...

Awesome job and so easy. I need to break out my sewing machine and be more creative. Thanks for linking up and I look forward to sewing more refashions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...