Monday, March 28, 2011

Pencil Skirt Tutorial

I got this great idea to make a pencil skirt from a blog that I read all the time called Cotton and Curls.
I saw how easy it is to make the skirt and realized how much streachy material I have that I have no plan for and I decieded that I need a pencil skirt.
All you have to do is measure around your waist, hips, and knees.
Also measure the length from your waist to your knees.

Divide the waist, hips, and knee measurements in half and that will be how wide the skirt is when you cut it out.  Make sure you pin along the outside of the skirt before you cut it out so you have a line to follow when cutting.  Make sure you allow some room for the sewing, I didn't have to because my material was so super strechy.
Once you cut out the skirt just sew up the sides and its done!
Of course feel free to hem the skirt if you feel like it, I did just to make it look a little more finished.

If you double click the picture below you can see how I did my measurements. 
Then its done! YAY


I got my idea for this skirt from the blog Cotton and Curls.

4 comments:

beeswax said...

Crafty little devil.....
Cute, the beginning of your clothing design business.
Keep up the adventure.
Love, MOM

The Zoomy's... said...

You are SO clever, that is a very cute skirt!!

Was great to catch up yesterday =0)

Take care
Mel

-Kelsey said...

cute skirt! and I love how you're pretending to wear heels :)
stopping by from jewelscapes

Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry said...

Great skirt! Love the belt too.

Thank you so much for linking up with Jewelscapes Bejeweled Wednesdays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...