Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 13

Day 13 – The meaning behind your blog name.

This is an easy one, my blog is called Talks a Lot, and the simple answer is I talk a lot.
In person, I am not one of those annoying people who talk a lot, just to hear themselves talk, I don't even talk all that much especially if I don't know you, but I talk a lot on the blog, and I write a lot.
I have soooo many journals!  I find when I write something down it can leave my brain and allow me to think about more important things.

The Big Move

We have moved out of our flat and into Grant's dads house!

I would just like to say that I hate moving.  There is so much to organize and so much physical work.
From 8am till 830pm we were; dropping junk at the thrift store, making trips to Grant's dads, going to the dump, and cleaning the flat.

Our last job of the night was to drop off 2 couches and 2 recliners to Grant's friends house, we had to make 2 trips and it was only him and I doing all the lifting and moving.  My back is hurting today!

Here is the flat while some of the moving was going on.


Here is the kitchen after the Fridge and washer were picked up.

Here is our empty bedroom (happy to never see that place again, such a cold damp house!)

Here we are dancing in our empty living room.

One funny thing that happened on one of our drop offs was Grant opened the closet in the room we are staying in at his dads and said my blanky!
His baby blanket was in the closet!
He said he had the blue one and Adam (his brother) had a red one. 
CUTE!

One week till we are in California =)

3 comments:

The Zoomy's... said...

YAY!!! Finally out of the damp flat!!
Brianna, Jack and I counted all your moves yesterday from when you left CA to come here, as far up to you and Grant eventually moving into your own place in CA... We reckon you'll be please to stay somewhere for a while (and you must like moving!!)

Well I'm jealous!! I'm off to the south and unlike the south where you're from... I'm going to FREEZE!!!

Take care and enjoy your last week!
Mel

beeswax said...

I have to tell you that your house was the coldest house I've ever been in. And that was is November. I'm so glad you guys are out of there. It is amazing how much stuff you can collect in just two years. Stuff comes and stuff goes, not good to get too attached, until you have your own home.
Enjoy your last week in New Zealand. Eat all the foods you like there, go visit your favorite places and friends.
Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Personally, I enjoyed the time I spent in your flat. I'm sure the late summer weather was a factor. Rest assured that it will not take long for you to warm up once you get to this side of the world. If Bonneville doesn't thaw you out, nothing will!

Love ya'...

DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...