Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wedding Rings!!!

Today we got my wedding rings back from being sized.
I am very lucky because I am wearing my great grandmother on my mothers side of the family's rings.

The rings are from 1930 and are very pretty!
When we had dropped off the rings to get sized a week ago I asked the guy how do we know its our diamond?  He said because it is super old hahahhah!
Apparently back 80 years ago the diamond cutters were unable to cut the diamond in a perfect triangle which means in the middle of the bottom of the diamond it has a small flat area.

I just love the rings and am very happy my mom was willing to share them with me =)

LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Anna said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!

Mommyblogger said...

That is gorgeous & how special that it has so much family history behind it!

Nav said...

awee that is such an awesome touch!! I am gonna pass my engagement ring to my future generations. I lvoe sentimental stuff like that.

xo Nav
http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...