Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jammed Packed Long Weekend

Friday
I took the metro into LA with some friends.
Union Station is decorated for Christmas, I love when a tree has a theme, like gold.

We had a great time walking around and seeing all the weirdos dressed up as cartoon characters.
This trip we decided to go into the Roosevelt Hotel.  I always thought it would be off limits to go into the hotel and look around unless you were staying there, but it was the opposite!  Everyone was really nice and they even told us some of the history.  Apparently Marilyn Monroe lived in this hotel for a few months and this is where she did a famous photo shoot by the pool. 

After our hotel history lesson we headed to the hard rock restaurant to have a drink. 

We went to a few more bars for more drinks and dinner before we walked around Hollywood and Highland.

The night ended around 9pm with the train home.

Saturday 
We decided that we wanted to get out of the house and visit my cousin Amanda at their new house.
They just moved so we were able to help with some of the set up and decor.
We ended up going out for dinner and a few drinks and had a lot of fun.
Grant and Keith (Amanda's Husband)
Amanda's friend Lindsey and Amanda (my cousin) 
Our walk home was the most interesting part of the night! 
Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

6 comments:

beeswax said...

First, looked like I missed out on fun in LA, you'll have to go again, with me. Second, what the heck are Grant and Keith up to?? Crazy guys!

Bonnie said...

Your pictures have made me totally jealous of your crazy, awesome life.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Shirley said...

Hi..I found you over at a beautiful feather and found your blog most delightful. I'm a little older but feel like 20 and enjoy all the same things you do..come on by for a visit and maybe you will like what you see!
Kindredly,Shirley

skippysays said...

Sounds like a great weekend!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

momstheword said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! You take great pictures. I went on a tourist tour in LA once before and it was fun. You take great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Good to see my boy is still alive and up to tricks still. Hope you enjoy your American Christmas this year Grant but I will miss you ....

The photos look great. Miss you both!
The other mum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...