Friday, November 11, 2011

Progress Report

Today is my first progress report of how we are doing since we have moved back to California.
Well we are doing good, not great, but good.  I don't know what I was expecting but its been much harder than I thought it would be!  I was thinking we would get here and magically I would find my perfect job, everything would go smoothly with immigration and that we would have our own place to live in HA HA, that is not what is happening!

As of right now we are still living with my parents and I am still looking for a job, to be honest I have only been looking for 2 weeks so I can't expect much but I guess I am an impatient person.  We are slowly making progress, Grant is now the owner of a white Astro van, he calls it his Astro Racing Van and thinks he should wear a helmet when driving it, and he has been able to buy a lot of tools so he can now do any project that comes his way.  Grant has also found some work as a finish carpenter/builder, the only draw back being that he has to drive pretty far to the job and home, leaving at 5:30am every morning and not getting home till around 7pm every night!

I have been able to work on a lot of art work and add lots of stuff for sale to my etsy store so hopefully that will take off and I will be able to be an artist for a living (in my dreams), in the mean time I have signed up to 3 job agencies and I am hoping that I will find some work through them.

As for pictures I am seriously lacking, my excuse being that on Halloween I forgot my camera at my aunt Lisa's house and just got it back the other day soooo I have included one picture from my birthday dinner and a few pictures from Halloween.  ENJOY!


My birthday dinner, I am now 28!

Halloween

Lucky for me my eyes are naturally red in every picture!


Tune in next Friday for the second Progress Report =)
- Happy Friday

4 comments:

Grace said...

seriously great costumes!


-grace
http://herumbrella.com

Anonymous said...

wow that's the best costumes! Really cool & dark just as they should be. I think there is a one big plus in you being home- you have your family, remember how you missed them over here:) Well done Grant, does he like new job? Is he working for someone? It's best to be busy and as long as he has weekend off - should be fine.. Thank you for the update ;) Alina

Shelby said...

happy birthday! :P
Shelby

Danielle Renee said...

Your costumes are great. But on a serious note, I don't think any move I've ever had has ever been the way I imagined it to be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...