Thursday, December 15, 2011

Made in America Gift List

Yesterday my mom and I were at the mall to meet a friend and do some last minute shopping, while we were there we both thought it would be interesting to see if we could find anything that was made in America.
We started looking around Nordstroms and quickly realized we could not find even one item!
I asked the man working there if he knew of any items that were made in America and he said he thought the Tom's shoes were made in America so we went over and had a look and sure enough they are made in China!!!

So I thought I would compile a little list of made in America stores and items that could maybe inspire all of us to buy items made here in our own country.
Overstock.com has a 100% made in America section of the store!

American Apparel
Everything is Made in America and they have a lot to choose from.


Omaha Steaks and other food


A kids rocking horse from Maple Landmark.


Plastic toys from American Plastic toys.

I am finding the more I look into buying Made in the USA products the more I am finding, but its not easy and that is sad.
Here is a list of websites that I have found that make it a little easier.
And don't forget there is always Etsy, where you can find not only American made but hand made =)




2 comments:

Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Shannon! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I saw a news story about families that had pledged to buy everything for this Christmas American Made. What a great idea! If only I wasn't already done with my shopping!
Ashley:)
www.flatstoflipflops.blogspot.com

beeswax said...

So hard to find anything made in the good ol' USA. I did buy some Yahtzee playing cards today, made here. Yay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...