Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Progress Report


Well its Friday again and I finally remembered that I have not done a progress report in a while, so here it is.
(Alina I hope you are reading lol)

I have 2 weeks left till we move into our new place and to say I am excited is an understatement!
Every time we are out doing something I am always keeping my eye out for possible decorations and furniture for our new place.  I have found some really cute vintage stuff and I can't wait to see how it all looks once its in the place.

The past week I have been working on a few art projects as well.  I finally finished 2 drawings that I had started a week ago.  Below is a picture of the drawing I did for our wedding planner Katherine from her wedding day.  I am really happy with the way it turned out and she has not seen it yet so I hope she likes it!
I finished the drawing below for our friend Mike and his son.
Below are pictures of the coffee table and the desk I found for a great deal while my mom got her hair cut the other day.  The store is in Claremont and they have the best deals I have seen in a long time. 
The desk is currently getting a make over because I didn't like the 70's green color.
I will do a post on the before and after as soon as its done. 
Grant is doing great in Ca so far.  He is getting really good at driving around and he probably knows his way around better than I do by now, with all the working and surfing he has been doing.  He is currently working and has 2 jobs in the making so it seems to really be moving along.  We are having an extremely warm winter here and I am happy about that because I feel like we got ripped off for a summer this year having been in the New Zealand winter before coming here.

That is all for now... 2 weeks left till the BIG MOVE!!!

2 comments:

beeswax said...

Two weeks! I'm so excited for you guys to have your own place. It's tough living with the parent and in-laws, I know that. Soon it will all be a memory and your complete new married lives will start. Your home is going to look wonderful because it has your touches all over it.
Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

I want to see your new place with all the furniture in, work Shannon, work! :) hehe good to know Grant has found a lot of things to do, what is his second job? Is it working out better for him than in Auckland? We having a stink summer here-weather is silly.. Tomas'es parents have been visiting for three weeks- they just gone a week ago, we've put on 6 kgs each- had lots of czech food)) Other than that I'm expecting one of the best friends to visit me in about a month (still don't believe it!). We had to buy drawers for parent's visit, it's IKEA from Aus - but still looks okay - it's white. I'm trying to have as many white in interior as possible (need to paint my dog). Love reading your updates- thank you for your blog:) Alina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...