Friday, September 6, 2013

Being Afraid.

Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.

Well this is hard because I am afraid of everything lol.  Mostly the things I am afraid of  are ridiculous and can't hurt me like small spiders, bugs and situations that are not really happening like being afraid of the dark.

One story I can think of where I was really afraid but it ended up being funny was when we were in Australia a few years ago.  My now husband was trying to show me how to surf and I just wasn't getting it, I couldn't even stay on the board laying down.  So eventually he gave up on me and he swam in leaving me with this huge surf board that I couldn't seem to stay on.  Then he starts screaming something to me from the beach and I couldn't hear him, but of course I immediately jumped to thinking he was saying there was a shark.  So I started to panic and swim as hard as I could with this stupid surf board trailing behind me.  When I finally got in I was choking on water and couldn't breath.  I asked him what was it, he says oh nothing I was just afraid you were maybe getting stuck in a rip tide!  I was sooo pissed!  I had just about killed myself freaked out thinking there was a shark behind me and come to find out it was nothing!  Lets just say I will never be surfing again at least not with him as my teacher!



On this same trip there was another time I was deathly afraid, we were walking down a path when I heard a loud noise and I imagined a kangaroo was coming after us in the bush and again I ran like a spastic through the tall grass cause then I was afraid of possible snakes, turned out to be nothing, but Grant got a really good laugh, he was laughing so hard he couldn't breath!

Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? (bonus points for fun photos from Pinterest, but don't forget to cite the source!)
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.
Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.
Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)
Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.
Wednesday, September 11: Share links to your favorite online shops, preferably with a few photos of your favorite items in each shop.
Thursday, September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.
Friday, September 13: A self portrait
Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive.
Wednesday, September 18: Only photos
Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century."
The story does not necessarily need to have a conclusion - you can leave your readers wishing for more!
Friday, September 20: React to this term: comfort.
Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!
Tuesday, September 24: Review a book, place, or product.
Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made.
Thursday, September 26: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. (I recommend downloading Ommwriter and bringing headphones along!) *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.
Friday, September 27: An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like. (but don't include people's real names.)
Monday, September 30: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.

3 comments:

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

waahah! this really made me laugh! Gosh! What a funny stories of yours - but I bet it was horrible. Probably all of us have similar stories to that, thanks God they ended up good! :)
So, for the happy ending then! :)

Angela Wiebe said...

hahaha hilarious story!! I would totally do the same thing!

Vivienne Z said...

Haha :D Poor you! I'm scared of the ocean...I'll go in as far as my feet still touch the sea bad, but not any further :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...