Wednesday, September 25, 2013

HMMM A Mistake?

Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made.

It is hard to think of a time that I made a mistake, or at least a mistake that really stands out to me.  I make small mistakes all the time, like last week when I had to do one load of laundry 3 times because I kept forgetting it in the washer!

I guess one thing that really stands out to me as a mistake or maybe more like the wrong choice, was about a year in a half ago I took a job that I really hated.  Now I have a job that I really like so I guess everything happens for a reason.  We had just moved back from NZ and got married and I started looking for jobs.  It was not easy to find a job at the time, there was literally nothing out there!  I signed up to some agencies that were no help at all and I finally started looking on Craig's list.  I went on about 5 interviews and on one particular day I went on 2 interviews in one day.

The first job got back to me right away offering me the job at a childcare center as the front desk assistant.  The other job I had applied to was a really cool company that did marketing for movies.  Because I was so ready to start working and getting paid I immediately took the first offer with the childcare place.  This was the wrong choice for a lot of reasons! Everyone who worked there was very clicky and not very helpful.  Its like they expected me to pick up the job with no training and no help, every time I would ask a question I was given a look like I was an idiot so I started trying to figure it out on my own which of course made me really slow.  It was just a horrible environment to work in.  To this day I wish I had waited to hear what the other company was going to offer me.  The offer might have been nothing or it could have been really cool and I will never know!  I guess at the time there was no way of knowing what would have happened, but if I am ever in that situation again I will definitely stall until I can find out all of my options instead of just rushing into something. And another thing I learned is I will never stay at a job I hate just because its a job, I stayed at that job way too long trying to make it work when it was never going to.  I stayed because I was scared to not have a job and really I should have just left and started applying to other places.

Right after that job ended literally a week later I found the job I am in now, so just proves that when something ends most of the time it opens you up for something better!



Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? (bonus points for fun photos from Pinterest, but don't forget to cite the source!)
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.
Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.
Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)
Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

Wednesday, September 11: Share links to your favorite online shops, preferably with a few photos of your favorite items in each shop.
Thursday, September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.
Friday, September 13: A self portrait
Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive.
Wednesday, September 18: Only photos
Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century."
The story does not necessarily need to have a conclusion - you can leave your readers wishing for more!

Friday, September 20: React to this term: comfort.
Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!
Tuesday, September 24: Review a book, place, or
product.

Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made.
Thursday, September 26: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. (I recommend downloading Ommwriter and bringing headphones along!) *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.
Friday, September 27: An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like. (but don't include people's real names.)
Monday, September 30: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special

4 comments:

Phebe Robinson said...

OH GIRL, I have been there and done that and will never ever take a job again that I don't love! Isn't it funny how when you let one thing go a great window of opportunity just opens up.

Kari P said...

Wow! This is pretty much exactly the same thing I wrote about today for my "Blogtember mistake". It such an awful feeling missing out on an opportunity you really wanted for fear of having nothing at all. It really is a rock and a hard place and I don't think anyone can blame us for feeling that way. But I'm happy we both learned from it :)

Kari P said...

Wow! This is pretty much exactly the same thing I wrote about today for my "Blogtember mistake". It such an awful feeling missing out on an opportunity you really wanted for fear of having nothing at all. It really is a rock and a hard place and I don't think anyone can blame us for feeling that way. But I'm happy we both learned from it :)

Kari P said...

Wow! This is pretty much exactly the same thing I wrote about today for my "Blogtember mistake". It such an awful feeling missing out on an opportunity you really wanted for fear of having nothing at all. It really is a rock and a hard place and I don't think anyone can blame us for feeling that way. But I'm happy we both learned from it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...