Monday, June 30, 2014

4 Months Old

Emmett is 4 months and about a week old!  I can't believe how fast time is going it feels like I was just pregnant and getting ready to have him.  I have to say I am really enjoying him more than ever.  I thought I would be sad that he is no longer a new born and really tiny but I am happy to say I enjoyed him as a newborn and I am enjoying him as a 4 month old too.

The first few months were way harder than it is now and I am sure there are a lot of reasons for that.  One reason being, newborns are adjusting to life so they cry a lot and they eat and poo constantly and another reason is we as parents are getting use to all the changes and figuring out what works best and adjusting to the new addition.

Now days Emmett is way more interactive and its so fun to play with him and get him to smile and laugh! We still don't really have a schedule, but most days end up being similar.

Emmett usually wakes up around 630 to 7am if he wakes up at 5am we usually put him in bed with us and he will sleep a little longer that way.  His first nap is around 830 to 9am and he sleeps for about an hour or longer.  The only other thing that happens most days is he goes to sleep around 8pm.

He is still sleeping in the pack n play in our room at nights, but he takes all his naps in his room in the crib. He loves the glow worm and will reach out and touch its face when he is getting ready for his nap.  We don't really swaddle him anymore, but if he can't settle down I do wrap only his arms down and he likes that!  He takes after his dad and is long and skinny, now wearing 6 month clothes but 3 month shorts ( like his dad he has a skinny waist).

New mile stones have been
  • Sucking his toes!  Yes he is very flexible!
  • Holding the pacifier himself
  • Drooling! He can make a bib wet in about 1 min
  • Reaching and grabbing hair! OW
  • Sitting on his own ( only for a sec or 2)
  • Rolling over
  • Talking to us (through noises other than crying)
  • laughing


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...