Emmett is officially 5 months old. He is a happy baby who loves to constantly be entertained and or held. We are working on allowing him to entertain himself. I am personally really starting to love this stage, I found the first 3 months to be extremely difficult and exhausting.
We have hit some major major mile stones in the last few weeks.
- Last night he slept through the entire night! I mean he did not wake up at all from 8pm till 6am when I had to go in and wake him up! This is the first time this has ever happened. (he was always good at waking up in the night just to eat and going straight back to sleep)
- Emmett is now eating a little cereal and by eating I mean it goes in his mouth and back out onto the bib, but we are working on it.
- He now sleeps in his crib in his room! For the first 4 months we had him in a crib in our room and I am happy to claim my room back!
- We are now on a pretty good schedule. This seems to have happened pretty naturally. He wakes up at 6am eats, back to sleep at 830am till about 10am. Second nap at 12 up around 1 or 2 and third short nap at 4pm, sleeping for the night at 8pm.
- For food we are still feeding on demand and of course right when he wakes up in the morning and right before he goes to bed. I would say about every 2 to 3 hours.
- He just started talking (babbling) making da da ma ma ga ga noises and he can do this for an hour or more at a time if he feels like it. If you think you can make him talk forget it, my mom calls I put her on speaker and he goes completely silent till the phone goes off.
- He is also now laughing, this is also hard to get him to do. Although sometimes he will stare off in space and just chuckle hahhaa I think he is like me, its pretty hard to make me laugh but when I do I am on the floor crying.
- He loves to smile and loves to cuddle
He looks soo much like Grant in this picture...CRAZY