Sunday, August 24, 2014

Social Media and the Weekend

Sometimes I get so sick of social media, I say this as I type this on my blog lol.  I feel like my blog is different from facebook for me, because I can look back and see events that were happening in my life in the past and its also a good time line.  I am finding facebook (for me) to be a little overwhelming lately.  I go on there because I get an email that says someone has commented on something I have put up and initially I am just there to check the comment, then the next thing I know I have been scrolling through tons of crap people have liked and commented on.  I often think if we didn't have internet and facebook a whole lot more would get done, maybe not as fast but probably a lot more efficiently and done better.  Anyways I would just delete my facebook if I didn't have a lot of family and friends who lived in another country that we want to stay in contact with.  I have deleted my instagram because its just one more thing to deal with and look at, its like a picture overload.  Remember when we use to take pictures once in a while and get them developed and put them in an album, now we take pictures everyday and never print them out.  Well I guess its just becoming a little bit too much so I have quit instagram and I am not going to be going on Facebook very often.  I will still be blogging and I will link my blog so people can see, but I think that is it for now.  Grant said, its like the saying if a tree falls in the woods, but you didn't facebook it did it really happen?  Do we only do things now days so we can take pictures of ourselves doing whatever "it" is and put it on the internet?  Seems like it to me since everywhere I go I see people walking around like zombies staring at their phones...

I feel like we did a lot this weekend.  Emmett turned 6 months old!
I went to my friend Danielle's baby shower, and we did a painting and vino night.






  Soon we will have so much art we won't know what to do with it.

2 comments:

beeswax said...

I think you need to change your Facebook settings so you don't get notified by e-mail every time someone farts! I never get notices, I just look when I feel like it. Don't clog your email.
Love MOM

Angie said...

I totally agree with you. Facebook is such a time sucker! I try not to get on there much. I have never had an Instagram, I never saw the point. Oh and I don't have a cell (gasp). I know, how do I make it LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...