Last night after dinner the boys in the house were talking to each other. I just love these two.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
On Saturday we had a Halloween kids party. We did lots of Halloween crafts and ate cake for my birthday.
We colored masks.
We ran around and played.
We decorated pumpkins with a marker.
Trying to take a picture of 3 kids is impossible! (hold still and smile means nothing lol)
It turned out to be a really fun day!
Sunday, October 26, 2014
For my birthday my mom got me a hair cut! Very similar to what it was before, but I love it.
I am not really doing much for my birthday, but we will be going out to dinner.
This week was busy. Thursday we had our Bunco Party at Rondi's house.
I finally finished some art and on Saturday we had a kids Halloween craft day.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Emmett is 8 Months old! Everyday he changes and grows and I love watching him learn new things.
Here is a list of things about Emmett at 8 months:
- He can pull himself into a standing position from a sitting position. This started about 3 days before he turned 8 months.
- He will get on all 4s in a crawling position and rock back and forth, but he has not started officially crawling yet.
- He can now find his pacifier in the pile of toys and start sucking it.
- He now eats 3 full meals, but does not like any chunks of food. If a chunk of food gets on his tongue he WILL throw up!
- He does not really like drinking his formula unless he is starving, if we offer him the bottle he will just refuse to open his mouth.
- He is a happy baby, laughing constantly and really only crying when he is super tired or frustrated.
- Emmett is in love with MAMA! When he sees me or hears my voice he will scream with delight =)
LOVE LOVE LOVE this little guy!
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Our good friend who happens to be an excellent professional photographer Teresa, took some awesome photos of Emmett over the weekend.
Here are just a few of the many excellent photos.
Photos by Teresa Long
I can't wait to print some out for our house. If we only had more walls!
Monday, October 13, 2014
This Weekend I went with my mom's group to the Spooktacular in Irvine. It was so much fun! The whole event was free all we had to do was register. I think older kids from 1 to 2 years and up would be able to do a lot more, but it was still tons of fun.
Emmett's first Pumpkin Patch
Some of the other little ones that went too.
Here is Grant and Emmett before our friend Sean's engagement party.
Friday, October 10, 2014
We made it through the week! Grant has been recovering from his hernia surgery all week and so far he is doing really good. By the 3rd day he was able to walk up the stairs and sleep in bed instead of the couch. All week he has been in what he calls couchpital! And I have been a nurse/house keeper/mom/baby nanny, lots of work and the pay is not great lol. It is nice to spend time with Grant, but I don't think I can take any more of the constant history channel viewing hahahha. If I was paying attention to what he watches I should know the history of the entire world, but I just can't get into those shows, put on E! News and I could repeat every word they say lol.
Thank you so much to Grandpa Dave and his partner Teresa for this super cute snail shirt.
I am so happy I put this shirt on him now because it fits perfectly!
Grant said that Emmett is his pain killer, that all he needs is Emmett's cuddles! I love that!
Here is a picture of the new basket we got to bath Emmett in. I think it will work really good once he gets use to it. We tried to bath him right before bed time and he was soo over tired that he screamed the whole time and tried to stand up which was not a good start to the big boy bath time.