Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This year we had Thanksgiving at my parent's house.  This holiday is one of those where we do something different almost every year.  It was nice to be home and relaxed so we could all take a nap after the huge dinner.  My mom made the whole dinner, I brought the sweet potatoes and made an apple pie.  It was the first time I have made an apple pie and it turned out pretty good.


 Here is the sweater Carol made for Calvin.  I just love it!

Leading up to Thanksgiving it rained!  So Emmett was very excited to get to go out and jump in muddy puddles.

 Emmett is officially potty trained.  The first week was a nightmare, but we stuck with it and now he hasn't had an accident for about 2 weeks now!  I really think this potty chart helped him get excited about going and we came up with a potty dance and a treat after every time he went.  I was willing to do anything it would take hahaha.  More than anything I think he was just ready =) (but it took lots of work at the start!)
 On Thanksgiving Emmett got to go for a ride in Pete and Carol's kid car.  He is definitely not ready for the road hahaha.  Grant had to run along the whole time to keep him from crashing.





 The dinner was excellent and we had a really fun time.

 The visor club!  We went for a walk after dinner.

1 comments:

beeswax said...

Such a great Thanksgiving with family. We sure passed out afterwards.
Love you guys! MOM/Grandma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...