Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Snow Day

Today is Wednesday (it took a 5 second pause to figure out what day it is haha) and its a complete miricle that both kids are asleep right now so I probably have about 5 minutes to write this post.  On Monday I woke up with a scratchy throat and then I got a runny nose and I am hoping that it stops there!  I can't get sick or my holiday will be ruined!

These last few days have been spent hanging around the house and playing in the front yard.  I don't have the energy to go anywhere especially with all the crazy Christmas shoppers out and about.  I did a lot of my shopping online and it was so easy!  Why don't more people do that? The shipping is FREE!

Last Friday we went up to my mom's and spent the night.  Grant was very excited to have some quiet time to himself (of course he was like if you want to go, do what you want, but when I called him he was watching all his recorded shows he can't watch when I am around hahaha).  If I had a day to myself I would probably waste the whole day sleeping haha.

So on Saturday we went to a local park for the snow day.  It was nice and cool that day so everyone was wearing jackets and hats and gloves (it wasn't really cold, but when its never cold people go all out).  The snow day consisted of 3 areas where they trucked in snow so the kids could have snow ball fights and go sledding.  If we get any real snow this year I would love to take Emmett to see what its all about.  This gave him a small taste and at least he knows what it feels like.  Honestly he was more interested in playing on the slide.  After we saw the tractor and the chickens and did the Christmas craft, Emmett was about to fall asleep until we had the free doughnut!  He got a serious sugar rush and started running up the stairs and flinging himself down the slide.  I have never seen him like that before hahaha.










We got to meet the firemen too!






My time is up! Someone is crying!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...