This Tuesday Emmett turned 3 years old! I know everyone says this, but I can't believe we have a 3 year old. Any time I start to get sad that he is getting older and no longer a little baby I just think about how much more fun each year has been. Last year he didn't really understand the whole cake and birthday present part of the birthday. At this age we were able to look forward to his birthday and he was super excited that it was his special day. He loved every gift that he got, saying thank you so much and this is awesome (these were his actual words haha).
Emmett at 3
- He loves to talk haha. He has a great vocabulary and he likes to use it! Every moment of everyday is filled with chitter chatter. He talks in complete sentences and when he is not talking he is normally making sound effects for his toys.
- He loves to play with toys. He is a toy kid. He loves to sit and play with cars, little people, lego, fire trucks and much more. We try to get him outside to ride his bike or his new scooter and after about 5 minutes he says lets go back inside.
- He loves to play with friends. His favorite kids are Dean and Hazel. He talks about them all the time and he loves to go visit them.
- He does not like to be told what to do, but on the same note he loves to help out in the kitchen and will take direction pretty well most of the time.
- He does not do well when he is tired. He has always been an excellent sleeper through the night and at nap time, but just recently he has had trouble with waking in the night. Some of the time he is having night terrors and other times he is talking/ screaming in his sleep. Fingers crossed for the last 3 nights he has been so much better and that has greatly improved his attitude during the day.
- He is a great big brother. He always says "good morning Calvin" and he says " I love my big brother" haha he calls Calvin the big brother (it can get confusing for a little guy)
- He prefers comfy clothes
- He is still a picky eater/ doesn't eat much
- He still loves Mickey Mouse and a lot of other shows
- He is a lovey dovey little guy!