Thursday, March 30, 2017

Calvin is 6 Months Old

I am shocked at how fast 6 months has gone by!  I feel like I just had Calvin, but I guess he is already 1/2 a year old.  I don't know why but having 2 kids makes time go by so much faster than when I only had one.  I was watching videos today of when Emmett was 6 months old and of course he got soo much attention compared to what Calvin gets, but I guess Calvin will be getting the attention from his older brother too.  I am thinking this is why people have always said, oh we can tell who is an older sibling or a younger one, its probably because the more kids in the house the less time you have to really focus on each kid.

Anyhow just like I was expecting Calvin got his first tooth today on his 6 month anniversary.
For weeks he has been drooling and chewing on things and then this morning I felt his gums and there was a bottom tooth beginning to poke out.  Besides the pain of the tooth coming in Calvin is still such a happy easy going baby.  He eats when he is hungry and sleeps when he is tired and its all pretty simple with him.  If he does cry usually is easy to figure out what is wrong.

He is eating tons of food! He eats cereal, carrots, yam, peas, apple, pear, green beans, banana, and milk.  I have even given him some baby puffs and he was able to gum them down.  When we eat he grabs for our food and after having a bottle he will scream to eat real food.  I didn't expect this at 6 months, since Emmett was slower to start eating, but I think its best to go with your gut and let him eat rather than follow strict ages on feeding.

He is sleeping through the night still, usually going to sleep around 7pm and getting up with everyone else in the house at around 630 am.  I don't have him on any kind of schedule, but he does follow the same pattern almost everyday, taking naps around 9am and noon and 4pm and bed at 7 to 8pm.  We are starting to enter the fun stage where Calvin will laugh at everything and roll all over the floor for toys and play peek a boo. 





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...